IPG Ytterbium 10kW 4-way beam switch with 0.2mm fibre core.
Built in May 2018, the cell is 8m X 4.5m.
Delivering the laser is a IPG D50 wobble head that allows us to osculate the beam to deliver larger spot sizes when required.
Driven by a Fanuc M710 ic 6 axis robot.
This sits on a 6m track that allows the robot again to span the whole length of the cell.
500Kg tilt and turn manipulator.
500Kg floor level rotator.
500Kg horizontal rotator with tail stock.
What are the benefits of using lasers for welding?
- Speed and flexibility. Laser welding is a very fast technique.
- Deep, narrow welds.
- Low distortion and low heat input.
- Suitable for a range materials and thicknesses.
- Performed out of vacuum.
- Non-contact, single-sided process.
- Non-continuous welding.
- Fanuc driven large tilt and turn manipulator.