IPG Ytterbium 10kW 4-way beam switch with 0.2mm fibre core.
Built in October 2020, the cell is 10m X 6m.
Delivering the laser there is a Precitec YW52 Welding head.
Driven by a Fanuc M710 ic 6 axis long arm robot.
This sits on an 8M track which gives the versatility of the whole 10m of the cell for the robot to move within.
295Kg Fanuc tilt and turn small manipulator.
What are the benefits of using lasers for welding?
- Speed and flexibility. Laser welding is a very fast technique.
- Deep, narrow welds.
- Low distortion and low heat input.
- Suitable for a range materials and thicknesses.
- Performed out of vacuum.
- Non-contact, single-sided process.
- Non-continuous welding.
- Fanuc driven large tilt and turn manipulator.